Proven Winners – Partners in Profitability
Proven Winners is proud to support everyone in our industry, from the professional growers down to the individual gardener looking for high value products and performance in their gardens. Proven Winners also wants to get involved in helping Independent Garden Centers (IGC’s) grow their business.
A couple of new concepts from PW in 2017 includes their first ever National Plant of the Year and to have 3 seasonal National Combos.
Here are just a few of the tools that Proven Winners offers to professional growers:
- Proven Winners Website for all Professionals
- Branded Containers – why it is important & how it is a money maker for garden centers
- 10 Hardy, Deer resistant Perennials for Greenhouse Production
Super Dwarf Patio Pot Tomatoes
We are excited to announce a new patio pot tomato program from Plug Connection that will be perfect for everyone! These new Super Dwarf varieties will bear fruit like crazy, but will only grow 3′ tall. There are varieties with fruits that are small, medium and large, and flavors from tangy, sweet, fruity, and even a hint of saltiness.
- 8 varieties offered
- Seed Grown – not grafted – grown in a 102 cell
- Inexpensive, starting @ $.414 each
- Super quick to finish – 4 weeks or less to be ready to sell
- Full size fruits on manageable sized plants
- Perfect for patio and balcony pots as well as small spaced gardens
- Perfect for gardeners of all ages – Boomers, Millennials – everyone will love them!
2017 Perennial Plant of the Year
- Native Butterfly weed
- Monarch Butterfly love them
- Excellent pollinator for bees and other butterflies
- Easy to grow, very ornamental
- Vibrant flower color
- Tolerates drier conditions
- Grows best in full sun
- Hardy zones 3 to 9
2017 Hosta of the Year
Hosta ‘Brother Stefan’
- Corrugated golden foliage – w/blue-green border
- Big and Bold
- Flowers are large and prized by hummingbirds
- 20 inches tall and 3 feet wide
- Flower scapes in late spring up to 2′ above foliage
- Picture courtesy of Walters Gardens
- Hardy zones 3 to 9
Live Trends Design Group – Plants in Modern DécorAt LiveTrends, the goal is to provide living plants and accessories that are uniquely designed to bridge art, design and purpose with the upwardly moving décor needs of the mass-market in North America.